Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > NEW UPDATES HOW MUCH & WHEN WILL THEY BE...
NEW UPDATES HOW MUCH & WHEN WILL THEY BE AVAILABLE?

27636 Views 22 Replies Latest reply: 2020-08-17 08:38:50

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    jmechanic

2013-09-25 16:11:03 (Reply to:Autel Support)

Hi tech support  I think you are a little familiar with me i come here every now and then to try to help others with their ds708 questions   and problems whenever I can
    and i do the same in many other websites in the us and uk as well and one of the reasons the ds 708 have sold so well is in part because of us mechanics that use this tool everyday or our lives in the real world and report the real problems and tell you what the tool should and should not do  as you can see many people are frustraded with the fact that the updates is over  it is not that they don't want to pay for updates  I assure you they will pay if they new what they are paying for  so far is has been bug report bug fixing very little update   and update by definition is to add and better something with a description of what it is you are adding and fixing we have been blind folded to everything you claim to be doing also there is a very long list of problems with the ds708, many unanswered question we the mechanics will take the work we know we can do according to the tool we have and this ds 708 is not very reliable a function i was able to do in one model I can not do on another model or year  we are not asking for anything free we just want what we have to be fix and reliable  and one more thing that i dont understand  why you are not updating older vehicles like that poor guy with a 96 toyota  you sold us a scanner with obd 1 adapters why not updating obd1 software not everybody is lucky to work in new cars maybe in his country there are only old cars  please do the right thing and finish the ds708 before you start bragging about how good the 908 maxi whatever is have a good day.

•   Level 5   
    (254) points
    De Technician

2013-09-26 16:38:05

Thank you all  guy for supports  i hope that AUTEL CAN RELIZE that  there made OBD ADAPTER  to cover many  vehicle 1996   and it is hurtful to see i bought a tool  and i cant use it as effiecient  , that i could comment the tool  i will like to cosider they adapter and the purpose for them  or else  make one adapter  in the other  product    and tell me if u get nuff sale  REMEMBER NOT ONLY DS708 LOG ON  other company to and they will be following the chat to do better  U ALL CALL

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-09-27 22:46:44 (Reply to:jmechanic)

Hi, yes, I remember you.
    Sorry I did not catch what you really meant. Now I understand what you are complaining about.
    First, I would like to clarify the older vehicle issue. We will add more and more vehicles in our programs, including new cars and old cars. But the priority is new cars. When we have finished the updates for new cars, we will work on the old cars. We will never forget our customers' needs.
    Second, for the update issue. I acknowledge your request is pretty reasonable. But I am afraid right now we can't classify the update programs in so many levels. 
    Take Ford as an example. If we fix a bug in Focus 2009, we will not release a new version just for this bug. We will add some newer models of Ford, and add some new applications or functions in the program , then we will release a new update. So it is pretty hard to divide which part should be free and which are not.
    But I will forward your request to our engineers to see if they can find a solution to solve this problem.

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    tech57

2013-10-27 00:30:17 (Reply to:Autel Support)

You guys are not getting it, your scanner is full of bugs and software issues , these problems are not what we pay for , You should fix bugs and software problems for free , updates should be for new cars ect not for what we have already payed for you advertize that your scanner does certain opperations , tests ,ect we paid for what you said it can do , if you expect me to pay again for what it is already supposed to do then I will buy a scanner that I know does what the manufacture says it can do. I am starting to see that alot of techs fell the same way . I have no problem paying for new model year updates ,and I know that you can seperate new year updates from repairs to your sofeware glitches one has nothing to do with the other.

•   Level 4   
    (106) points
    GRT

2013-11-01 19:35:07 (Reply to:tech57)

Right i agree with 100% , updates should be for new cars and new functions , bugs are bugs and should be fix with software problems. Was buy my DS with mind that all works ok , but no . Even ECU replace function is not working in 96-01 Hondas , for me its crap . And another thing , u huys should put info what was change with any new update.

•   Level 5   
    (353) points
    yoxsan

2013-11-04 16:47:08

I think you should compare with others in the team competition , such as mitsubishi, models can only read error codes while the X431 can write vin and program keys , the replacement of the pcm and writing vin is critical as we need mechanics of these options to change an ecm , pcm , etc. , special functions are the most necessary and essential , in bmw x431 has excellent coverage and also has coverage in OBD1 , you can see vehicles old with no problem , honda hyundai, etc . I have purchased a ds708 and I think it lacks enough to develop , I hope sometime to understand the great need for us and hear our suggestions mechanical as many have purchased this equipment but few are really professionals who know what it takes . thanks support department appreciates the efforts made ​​to improve the tool and also ask them to always listen to those who made ​​suggestions for the team grows up as a brand

•   Level 2   
    (34) points

2013-11-28 13:29:24 (Reply to:Autel Support)

MaxiDAS should deal specifically with older cars as major issues arise from them and not necessarily the cars noi.incep believe I picked the wrong In making comparison between MaxiDAS DS 708 and launch the latter being more stable functions testing all brands from maxidas.Astept yet to solve the problem somehow and older cars that are in the world and they ..........

•   Level 2   
    (34) points

2013-11-28 13:31:10 (Reply to:Autel Support)

MaxiDAS should deal specifically with older cars as major issues arise from them and not necessarily the cars noi.incep believe I picked the wrong In making comparison between MaxiDAS DS 708 and launch the latter being more stable functions testing all brands from maxidas.Astept yet to solve the problem somehow and older cars that are in the world and they ..........

•   Level 4   
    (106) points
    GRT

2013-11-29 08:40:03

Hey FAILtel , where are new updates ?

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    Silentsea95

2017-01-28 15:00:15

My maxidas708 update are expired.how i will to renew my account. Plz tell me its procedure 
  Total3 Pages